Former Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi Positive Covid-19
Posted in: News & Entertainment

Former Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi Positive Covid-19

ROME – Former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi tested positive for Covid-19 on Wednesday (2/9). Despite being infected, he said he wanted to continue his political activities ahead of this month’s local elections.

“Unfortunately, this is also tied to me (infected with Covid-19), but I keep fighting,” said Berlusconi.

The 83-year-old character wants to always go through isolation at his residence in Acore. But throughout that time, Berlusconi will continue to support the candidate from the center-right Forza Italia party in local elections scheduled for September 20-21.

Italian politicians share support with Berlusconi. One of them is the Minister of Foreign Affairs Luigi Di Maio, who hopes that Berlusconi can quickly recover and return to activities.

“I hope he can fight this disease battle,” said Di Maio in a statement.

Berlusconi’s individual doctor at Milan’s San Raffaele hospital Alberto Zangrillo told the AdnKronos newspaper that the former Italian prime minister had no indication. But he decided to carry out a Covid-19 test because he had just taken a vacation to Sardinia.

Italy is one of the European countries that is quite badly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. So far it has had 270 thousand problems with the corona virus with the death toll exceeding 35,500.

Italy began to successfully control the spread of Covid-19 in March and April. This matter took place after the implementation of strict regional quarantine (lockdown) with national coverage.

But Italy started notifying the problem of escalation back in August. Experts consider the matter to be intertwined because the meetings are linked to holidays and nightlife.